The Twins continued their hot streak against the Tribe and push record to 22-37. Scott Baker went 7 innings allowing 9 hits and 4 runs, 3 of them earned, with 5 Ks. The final score was 6-4 with Mijares making Twins’ fans sweat a little bit after a shaky 8th inning. However, this was mostly caused by a few bad calls by the umpires. The first being a ball called foul at third base after the Twins turned it into a double play. The second was an out at first ruled safe. In the end only 1 run got across the plate and Matt Capps came on in the 9th for his 8th save of the year. Most of tonight’s run support came from Matt Tolbert. He finished the game 2 for 4 with a run and 2 RBIs. Check here for the Yahoo! box score. I really encourage looking at the box score as you can see how Gardy tinkered with the lineup. Basically he kept Ben Revere at leadoff like yesterday but put Span batting 3rd, Cuddyer 4th, and Morneau 5th. Our first 5 ended 3 of 20 with 2 runs and no RBI. It will be interesting to watch if Ron goes with that lineup tomorrow when Liriano (3-5) returns from the DL to face off against Carrasco (4-3).
Select Your Team
Follow us on Twitter
Vikings Draft Pick Bios
- Ochocinco to the Vikings?
- Parmelee back, DeVries out
- Ponder sees playing with Kalil for awhile
- Photo of the Night: Manship’s misspelled jersey
- Twins shutdown Pavano
- Twins select Byron Buxton with 2nd pick
- Jerome Felton arrested for DWI
- Vikings sign Harrison Smith
- Photo: Peterson races Harvin, uphill
- Send Josh Willingham to the MLB All-Star Game